Work for us
Any current vacancies will be listed below. This page is updated on a regular basis, so please check back at a later date.
Title: Interim Head of Community InvestmentSalary: 38,500 pro rata
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to take on operational management of a small fundraising team to deliver a programme of income generation activities to support John Taylor Hospice. Set in the heart of Birmingham, John Taylor Hospice provides care to hundreds of people and their families every year, and its services are reliant on income raised by the Community Investment Crew.
This is a part time post (three days per week) for up to 12 months to provide cover for maternity leave for the permanent post holder. Innovation, creativity and delivery are essential, as is the ability to work internally and externally to raise the profile of income generation at John Taylor Hospice.
The post holder has line management accountability for a team spanning all the different disciplines required to deliver the company strategy with defined non-negotiable financial targets. Reporting to the CEO the post holder is also accountable for monthly reporting against plan and bi-monthly reporting to the Board, including the presentation of the report.
The period of maternity cover will require leadership across a diverse range of fundraising activities, managing the team to deliver supported fundraising events, CIC fundraising events, a direct mail program, major gift, trust and legacy fundraising.
The post holder is accountable for maintaining and creating sustainable mutual relationships that are based on a common interest.
For a job description and person specification please use the link below or contact Workforce on (0121) 465 2000. For an informal chat about the role, please contact Katie Mitchell, Head of Community Investment, on the same number.
Title: Consultant in Palliative MedicineSalary: TBA
Consultant in Palliative Medicine
We are recruiting a full-time or two part-time consultants or two job-share partners. We would welcome applicants who would like to work both in the NHS and in the Hospice.
John Taylor Hospice
John Taylor Hospice is a vibrant, diverse, mutli-disciplinary, not for profit company with a turnover of £5.2 million. We have 150 staff. The people who work in the company own the company. Founded in 1910 we are the oldest non-denominational UK hospice, funded entirely by the public. We were then gifted to the NHS on 4th July 1948. On 1st October 2011 John Taylor Hospice CIC was authorised to operate the Hospice as a Social Enterprise. The NHS has a contract with us and provides a wide range of additional services. These are free at the point of use. The public, local businesses and grant giving bodies and our League of Friends pay for these services with direct investment and donation.
The purpose of John Taylor Hospice CIC is to ease the personal and social cost of illness and death just a little every day. We work across the spectrum of adult disease. We provide palliative care and proactive personalised care to match the aetiology of illness The public health evidence, the economic context, UK demographics and the continuing improvements in hospital care means that ‘palliative care’ is changing. We have undertaken a detailed review of our medical staffing needs informed by the public health evidence, national policy and patterns of demand. First on-call is proved throughout the year by GPs through service level agreements. We have a bold ambition to deliver depth and breadth in our medical workforce We are now building a new medical team fit for the future. .
The Consultant(s) in Palliative Medicine are key to these developments and will:
• Be supported by SAS grade doctors who hold first line patient accountability on IPU together with the opportunity to develop additional junior support
• Be part of an inter-disciplinary team of qualified clinicians, in cancer care and neurology, continence and diabetes care and tissue viability, family social workers, dieticians, physio and occupational therapists.
• Be supported by our unique palliative care pharmacy team, from technician to consultant grade as well as nurses who are independent prescribers
• Have the opportunity to take a the lead for education and training
• Be a member of the local cancer network
• Have medical back up through service level agreements with experienced local General Practitioners who provide on-call cover and medical care on a roistered basis. Our Associate Medical Director has over 25 years’ experience in palliative care is also a GP
• Work with other Medical Consultants in-house from anaesthetics, elderly medicine and old age psychiatry
• Have the opportunity to train at the Kings Fund on leadership at the point of care
Our previous Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Dr Brenda Ward, is more than happy to be contacted to discuss the post at email@example.com
You can also contact our Clinical Director Marie Bradley 0121 465 2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
John Taylor Hospice is part of the NHS pension scheme and pension payments will be automatically made where Consultants are in this scheme. The CIC also has a company pension.
Title: Speciality Doctor in Palliative CareSalary: TBA
John Taylor Hospice wishes to appoint a full- time or two part-time speciality doctors.
The vacancy has arisen due to our current speciality doctor successfully gaining a ST3 post in palliative medicine after a planned year at John Taylor Hospice.
You will have the opportunity to work with our Palliative Care Consultant and the multi specialist disciplinary team of palliative care clinicians and nurses.
The post holder will:
• Participate in the delivery of holistic clinical care to patients and families across in-patient and day hospice
• Support the educational programmes and governance needs of the in-patient unit
• Play a role in teaching medical students and members of MDT
• Be committed to their own continued professional development as a Palliative Medicine physician
John Taylor Hospice is a vibrant, diverse, multi-disciplinary, not for profit company with a turnover of £5.2 million. We have 150 staff. The people who work in the company own the company. Founded in 1910 we are the oldest non-denominational UK hospice, funded entirely by the public. We were then gifted to the NHS on 4th July 1994. On 1st October 2011 John Taylor Hospice CIC was authorised to operate the Hospice as a Social Enterprise. The NHS has a contract with us and we provide a wide range of additional services. These are free at the point of use. The public, local businesses and grant giving bodies and our League of Friends pay for these services with direct investment and donation.
The hospice includes a 20 bedded in patient unit, day hospice, MDT, Macmillan and Hospice at Home Teams. It also provides pre and post bereavement support to patients and their families.
Informal enquiries to Marie Bradley or Gale Clarke on 0121 465 2000
Email address: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal visit please do not hesitate to contact us
Closing date 17 April 2015
Title: Volunteer HousekeeperSalary: Volunteer
We are currently reaching out for willing individuals to volunteer their time and work within a team of skilled, caring and friendly Housekeepers to assist with daily domestic duties.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting with light housekeeping duties, from vacuum cleaning, general tidying, cleaning windows, assisting with laundry or washing up.
- You will be undertaking the same mandatory training as a paid employee, giving you the support and knowledge of working in a safe hospice environment.
- The opportunity to work within a broad Corporate and Commercial Services team, giving you the opportunity to gain experience in other fields.
What skills will I need?
- You will need to work well within a team environment and communicate efficiently.
- You will need to lead with your ‘Aesthetic Eye’ in maintaining a comfortable, clean, safe and welcoming hospice.
How much of my time do you need?
Ideally we would like you to commit your mornings to us. Preferably between the hours of 9:00 – 14:00 Monday - Friday. However, we appreciate your time wherever you can slot in.
If you have any questions or queries in relation to this exciting role, please forward them on to Rhys Blair at John Taylor Hospice on 0121 465 2000 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Title: Volunteers for fundraisingSalary: Volunteer
JOHN TAYLOR HOSPICE
Need Help from
As a John Taylor Hospice volunteer you will find your passion, live your passion and pass it on!
You are needed as a volunteer in the Community Investment Crew. We do not expect you to commit a lot of your valuable time. Our request is for volunteers to be part of our Action Team who will attend an event or two during 2015 (depending on your own commitments). Each volunteer will benefit from a wide variety of volunteering opportunities within the Community Investment Crew Department. Volunteers will be asked to go to fun events to represent the hospice by either accepting a cheque on our behalf, or by taking care of a John Taylor Hospice stall at a fete or event.
John Taylor Hospice is dedicated to making every moment matter to all our patients and their families. We hold events in local communities and our campaigning work play a significant role in raising vital funds and public awareness of the services that the hospice offers. Volunteers add an invaluable dimension to the work of John Taylor Hospice - we need you to help us achieve more.
Are you interest? If so please contact Jan Nevett, Community and Corporate Development Assistant, on 0121 465 2000 and have a chat.