Christmas fundraising ideas
Thank you for choosing to support our Gift a Christmas campaign.
Hospices around the UK provide physical, emotional and social support to more than 200,000 people every year. The chances are that you know, or have known, someone who has received hospice care, whether as a patient, family member or friend. Your support means we can continue providing this specialist and compassionate care 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
FESTIVE FUNDRAISING INSPIRATION
- ChariTable Bookings is a restaurant bookings app and website which you can use to raise money for John Taylor Hospice – at no extra cost to you. Booking your Christmas office party or a festive catch-up with friends? Raising money for charity has never tasted so good.
- Hitting the high street to buy presents isn’t for everyone. If you prefer to shop online for the festive season then check out Give as you Live. Shop as normal at over 4,200 stores and the service donates to a charity of your choice – for free.
- Remember loved ones at our Light up a Life event in December. This year’s remembrance event will be held on Sunday 10 December at Hollyfields Centre in Erdington. Join us for music, reading and a quiet moment for reflection. There’s also the opportunity to make a dedication to your loved ones in our Book of Remembrance.
- Invite your friends and family to join you as you host a fundraising coffee morning or afternoon tea with a festive twist. Serve turkey and cranberry sandwiches, gingerbread, minced pies and Christmas pudding – just a few tasty ideas to get you started.
- Send a friend or family member one of our John Taylor Hospice Christmas cards. One of the designs is extra special as it was created by patients in our day hospice.
- Tree recycling is a new addition to our festive fundraising calendar! In return for a donation to the hospice we will collect your Christmas tree and recycle it. Collection starts in January 2018 – see if your postcode area is on the list.
- Membership to Your Hospice Lottery could make the perfect gift for someone special this Christmas. Give somebody the chance to win weekly cash prizes in our draw ranging from £10 to £10,000 – all while providing vital funds for hospice care.
- An Advent challenge is a great way to raise funds in your workplace! Leading up to Christmas you could pick something different to do each day – wear a Christmas hat to work, hold a Christmas-themed quiz or host a bake sale.
- Snazzy seasonal sweaters are completely acceptable in December – in fact they’re encouraged! Arrange a Christmas jumper day at work for a small donation. It all adds up and makes a big difference.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MAKE EVERY MOMENT MATTER FOR LOCAL FAMILIES THIS CHRISTMAS.